Another week, another update.
Over the last week we merged a PR so private box1 unboxing is now working. I also did some experiments with private groups. Did a PR for sharing log streaming across multiple indexes that made indexing a bit faster. Then we merged some PRs to use prefix indexes that Andre has made, this had a significant impact on the storage requirements. Meaning index space for 1.4 million messages is roughly 80mb now. My .ssb flume folder of roughly the same things:
du --si ~/.ssb/flume/* 316M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/backlinks-6CAxOI3f- 29M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/clock 63M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/feed 95M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/keys 17M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/keys.ht 3,2M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/last.json 413M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/links 480M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/links2 123k /home/arj/.ssb/flume/private-6CAxOI3f- 233M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/query 23M /home/arj/.ssb/flume/time `
So to sum up, we have close to constant overhead for private messages and indexes.