There are some (minor, imo) warts.
Would you mind sharing what you dislike about it (author speaking here)? Bamboo is stable and thus I cannot change it, but here are what I would consider its warts:
- the tag byte probably shouldn't exist
- crypto primitives should not be hardcoded into the spec (insisting on multiformat hashes in particular was probably a bad idea)
- an entry should also include the accumulated size of all entries starting at the lipmaa link target
- I really wish I had used the terminology of skip-link and predecessor-link rather than lipmaalink and backlink
- more flexible (monotonically increasing, accumulated) metadata beyond entry size