yes, butts nouveau deserves an award.
@Powersource (phone) it goes like orto, meta, para, so the next feeds will be parafeeds which will list metafeeds....
As for partial replication questions, I don't think many people understand how msg verification will work on that context.
@SoapDog (Macbook Air) Or would it be metametafeeds? or does a metafeed just by definition mean it could contain references to an arbitrary set of feeds which includes other metafeeds?
@Powersource (phone) I don't think that will become a problem, like for indexes we have a sub meta feed. See this spec for an example of how one can structure a meta feed.
The one right below the sentence: The new meta feed can contain the following messages (described as bendy-butt bencode dictionaries)
Awesome @cblgh, this is a great way to go about engaging with comms!
- can my ahau work that's generally useable be included in your tech overview updates?
- how does partial replication intersect with tangles?
- for my work I need to know I've got all the messages in a particular tangle to know the current state
- ahau was interviewed about partial replication needs/ requirements, but we didn't really hear at all where all that time/ communication went
- what was included/ excluded/ deferred from what was built?
- what is the path for existing feeds which would like to leverage this partial replicaton?
- you use different feed types?
- can I migrate / upgrade an old feed easily?
- does the current work support index rebuilds?
- not sure if this is intertwingled at all with partial replication
- need this for private groups to work
- can we do index rebuilds BY USER?
- do you have any sick visualisations of this partial replication stuff
- does anyone want to do that? (I have maintenance funds I can channel to an artist/ designer)
hope my naive questions help shed light on what's not obvious from the outside!