#planetary #dev-diary wow this was a fun week. We got to hit several of my pet peeve issues with Planetary including:
- adding a toast message on the Home Feed to let users know that Planetary has downloaded new posts.
- allowing users to paste in feed IDs of users outside their network, and follow them.
- rewriting a lot of the language on our onboarding screens to better explain what makes Planetary/SSB so great.
- allowing users to skip setting a name in our onboarding flow. Pseudonymity is a feature, not a bug!
- showing vote messages from all clients, not just Planetary (this was a bug, not a design decision).
Part of our summer strategy is to move fast and make small iterative improvements. This includes releasing a new build of the app to production every week. We really want to improve the new user experience and this seems like a good way to get finer grained data on whether that's working. So a build with all these features was submitted to Apple today and hopefully will be released to everyone on Monday.
If you are a TestFlight beta tester and you see any issues please shoot us a message through TestFlight (take a screenshot) or Github, especially if it's something that might be a blocker. The time between putting the app on TestFlight and releasing it will be shorter than usual for the next couple months.
Pictured: screenshots of the first two screens a new user sees after downloading Planetary.